GUT HEALING GREEN JUICE
Health benefits of the power green juice:
- Pineapple: can help reduce bloat as well as prevent other tummy troubles. It is our only source of dietary bromelain, which is a digestive enzyme that helps break down protein in foods.
- Cucumber: promote hydration and contain pectin, the type of soluble fiber that can help increase bowel movement frequency.
- Ginger: may inhibit H.pylori stomach infections and gastric ulcers. It helps to reduce bloating, IBS and poor digestion by stimulating digestive acids.
- Lemons: also high in a fiber called pectin, that assists in good gut health as it is a prebiotic that feeds healthy gut bacteria.
- Kale: helps prevent constipation and promotes regularity and a healthy digestive tract
- Spinach: contain significant amounts of an enzyme sugar called sulfoquinovose (SQ), which feeds good gut bacteria.
- Aloe Vera: contains several enzymes known to help in the breakdown of sugars and fats and to keep your digestion running smoothly and decrease irritation in the stomach and intestines.
My Ultimate power green juice for good gut health:
PREP TIME: 30 mins
YIELD: 2 servings
1 1/2 english cucumber
25g fresh aloe
1. Rinse all ingredients, or soak in ACV if they are not organic.
2. Chop all ingredients. Size will depend on your juicer. I find the smaller I chop the ingredients the more juice I get.
3. Start by placing some cucumber in the blender, then alternate between the leaves and the juicy fruit. For example cucumber-kale-pineaple-spinach-cucumber-ginger etc. The leaves struggle a bit through the blender so they need some juicy fruit to help push them through.
* Remove skin from pineapple and lemon.
* Fillet the aloe like you would fillet a fish. Cut each side of the spikes off. Remove the skin by running a sharp knife closely against the top and bottom. Rinse before juicing.